Weogufka Creek is flooding upstream of us...I wonder if it will rise high enough to reach into our corn/peas/sunflowers fields in the bottom adjacent to it? I would say yes, and I'll post pictures if it happens.
So I'm wondering if I should get in the boat-building business now. We've had 7.86 inches of rain in the last 3 days. So while my plans were to plow, disc, lay biodegradable mulch and drip irrigation, and other field work this week, things have to wait. So I guess I'll pay a little more attention to my much-neglected orchard and do some pruning on the blueberries, apple trees, blackberries, and grapes. Maybe spend a little more time in the greenhouse, and finish my crop rotation planning for the year. Oh, and Marketing! Yikes, I still need to get the word out and find some more folks interested in the CSA for this year. Interested?